To upload your artwork, please use our artwork file upload form.
Our Macintosh system is designed to support the most widely used Macintosh graphics applications.
We currently support the most recent versions of:
Adobe Illustrator *Adobe Photoshop * Adobe Streamline * Aldus freeHand * QuarkXPress
Some PC files can also be used if art-work can be saved as an EPS file. In Corel Draw, export as and .AI (Adobe Illustrator)file. Save in highest version number available. Also convert all type to “curves”.
PROOFS: A hard copy of the artwork at the required size (100% of scale) has to be supplied with the disk. A colour proof is preferred, but a black and white laser proof with colour indicators is acceptable. This is needed to verify that all information supplied has been rendered correctly.
FONTS: Preferably use adobe Postscript type 1 fonts. Type 1 fonts are the only fonts that port consistently between a variety of computers and peripherals. Be sure to include all screen and printer fonts used in all documents. True type fonts might not output correctly on our high resolution printer. Any fonts supplied will be deleted from our system after order has been shipped.
PLACED OR IMPORTED ART: In addition to sending the master art file, all elements that have been imported into the document must also be supplied. This includes EPS, TIFF and PICT files. Do not forget to include any extra screen fonts and printer fonts used for these files. Copy all graphics required for your file, and place in the same folder as the output file. Make sure the correct versions of all images are linked to their correct placements in the file. Send only necessary files.
COLOURS: Use PMS colours if the job is going to be printed with SPOT colours, and Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black if the job is a 4 colour Process. Make spot colour names consistent, especially if more than one application is used to create your design.
MEDIA: If your file is too large to fit on a single diskette, we also accept 44MB, 88MB OR 200MB SyQuest cartridges. Users of Iomega Zip and Jaz drives can also be accommodated.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND US YOUR ONE AND ONLY COPY OF A FILE.
BASIC FLEXOGRAPHIC PRINTING REQUIREMENTS
To avoid questions and delays in production of your electronic file, please follow these generalized specifications below.
1. Create your artwork the exact size of the label.
2. Keep the design 1/16″ inside edge of label
3. Extend bleeds 1/16″ outside the edge of the label.
4. Use a minimum rule line weight of 0.3 points for positive copy. For reverse copy, the minimum rule line weight is 0.7 points.
5. The smallest type size is 4 points for positive copy. For reverse copy, the smallest point size is 16 points, preferable in bold face. Bear in mind the fine serif typefaces do not print the cleanest in flexography. Try to choose a heavier typestyle.
6. Double check that your colours are spot colours, and not process colours (CMYK) for PMS inks. Overprint dark colours over light colours whenever possible to avoid register problems.
7. Separate printing plates are required for each spot / 4 colour process ink printed. Check with Precision for the maximum number of print stations available. Top-coat varnish will utilize one print station. Eliminate all unnecessary elements in your file including extraneous colours, patterns, and any other elements in your file including extraneous colours, patterns and any other elements that may be invisible or behind other elements or layers.
8. Where colours touch, we may need to create traps. Your artwork needs to be prepared so the colours are in an editable format. If not, additional charges will be incurred. Trapping values of 0.5 pts. to 2.0 pts. are preferable, depending on design and the colours being trapped.
9. If your design requires a graduated screen, remember 5% is the minimum rather than graduating to 0%. Keep the maximum to 90% instead of graduating to 100%. Line screen ruling range is 100 to 120 LPI.
To upload your artwork, please fill out artwork file upload form.